As a child I loved to bake, but I’ve never had enough time to truly pursue my passion as an adult. God revealed my gift of baking to me back during the pandemic. I was forced to bake to create additional income when I was laid off. I received an overwhelming amount of praise from family and friends, who said my cakes were absolutely amazing and encouraged me to do something with this gift. However, fear kept me from jumping in right away, and I began to seek God. He spoke to me through this Scripture: Isaiah 41:10. And I had to trust and believe the Word of GOD!
This time … right now … is my coming out moment. Right here in this article you’re currently reading. No more fear! God, I’m ready. Please show me your way for my life!
Signature Sweets by P. Shanell is now open for business and taking orders!
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- 2 tsp unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 oz red food coloring
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 /4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and unsweetened cocoa into a large mixing bowl and sift together.
- In a separate bowl, crack open the eggs, and beat them.
- Pour the sugar, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract into the bowl with the eggs, and mix until everything is nice and creamy.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Be sure to mix on a low speed!
- Once everything is manageable, switch from mixing the cake batter to folding it.
- Next, add vinegar, and red food coloring.
- Fold in until all of the cake batter is red, and there are no streaks.
- Spray 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Shake and tap the pan to release any air bubbles.
- Bake at 325 degrees F, for 50 to 55 minutes. The cake is done when it pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 mins.
- While the cakes are cooling, make the frosting.
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar, mixing for several minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon frosting in pastry bag with no tip attached.
- Starting at the outer edge of the bundt cake, squeeze and pull a line of frosting up and over the cake, into the center hole.